Mercer University - Be the Bear


Transfer Admissions

Students with more than nine (9) semester hours after high school will be considered transfer students. If you have fewer than nine hours of college credit, you should follow the procedures for freshman applicants.

If you have fewer than thirty (30) semester hours (45 quarter hours), you must also submit your official high school transcript and SAT and/or ACT scores.

To ensure proper evaluation of transfer credit, applications should be complete within 45 days prior to the beginning of your first term of enrollment.


The Admissions Process

To be admissible to Mercer University, all transfer applicants must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Transfer applicants with fewer than thirty (30) hours of college credit must also meet freshman admission requirements. Please contact your admissions counselor to learn more about the admission requirements.

If you are applying as a transfer, you must submit the following materials:

  • Application for Admission (Either the Mercer Application or the Common Application)

  • Official College and/or High School Transcript(s)

  • Updated FAFSA information (Mercer's School Code is 001580)

Transfer Credit Evaluation

When students consider transferring from one college to another, they are concerned about their credit hours. Mercer University's admission policies are designed to help you make a smooth transition.

All course work completed at previously attended colleges and universities will be evaluated and posted to your Mercer transcript as part of the admissions process. The evaluation will be done within two weeks of receipt of all of your complete transcript(s).

The Registrar's Office evaluates only official copies of transcripts after an application for admission has been received. If a transfer course does not have a specific Mercer equivalent, it will be posted on your academic record as an elective course. Because of accreditation or departmental requirements, certain Mercer departments restrict the number of electives that can be applied towards their degree programs. Departments with special regulations are identified in the course section of the Undergraduate Catalog.

See Mercer Core Equivalents compared to Georgia Core Credit Equivalencies.



Official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended must be sent to the Office of University Admissions, Mercer University, 1400 Coleman Avenue, Macon, Georgia 31207. All students must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as part of the admissions process. FAFSAs may be sent to the Office of Financial Aid, Mercer University, 1400 Coleman Avenue, Macon, Georgia 31207.



Upon acceptance to Mercer, you will receive a "Student Intent to Enroll" card. This card should be completed and returned along with your $500 Enrollment Deposit. Deposits are completely refundable until May 1 if you are enrolling Fall semester, and December 1 if you are enrolling Spring semester. Refunds must be requested in writing by the stated deadlines listed above.

After being accepted and paying the enrollment deposit, Academic and Advising Services is the entry point for advising. Call (478) 301-2078 for an appointment. It is imperative your advisor have all your college course information. Please ensure that all of your transcripts are sent to the Office of University Admissions. Once your advisor has all the information about your academic history and your enrollment deposit is paid, you will register for classes with the advisor.


Financial Aid and Scholarships

Mercer awards many merit scholarships to incoming transfer students. Financial planning for Mercer includes the FAFSA and various institutional grants. Please be sure to complete a FAFSA for the current year. The number for Student Financial Planning Office is 478-301-2670. You will receive an award letter from Admissions and a package from Student Financial Planning. Information in these documents will help you determine how much it will cost to attend Mercer University. Georgia residents must also complete the Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant form on the web site.


On-Campus Housing

Living on campus is a great experience. To do so, you must fill out a housing application. Applications will only be processed for students who have paid the enrollment deposit.